I apologize for taking so long off from writing. Here are some pictures of Conway to make it up to you :)
The end of the semester is always a little crazier than I anticipate! I'm currently drowning in paperwork, but it will all be over in a few days. In the meantime, I will have a fun, hectic, sad few days as I celebrate with and say goodbye to my students for now! I hope to see many of them again this summer and next fall, but they are such a fantastic group and I will miss them. We'll be having our usual end-of-semester potlucks tomorrow and Thursday and I can't wait to see what my students bring. (Today two women who won't be here on Thursday brought in some fantastic homemade chicken and mole sauce, and another student brought me a tray of homemade bliny. Yum!) As for me, I was going to try something new, but I can't resist a chance to make the Smitten Kitchen Strawberry Rhubarb Bars, so that's part of what I'll be doing this evening!
I had a long list of things I've been meaning to blog about since my last post, but here is the Cliff's Notes version:
1. I had to teach my students the word "jogging" the other day. It was a sad moment for this slow runner who hates being called a jogger! We have also learned some very useful things, such as all the different kinds of sugar substitutes (Splenda is the yellow packet, etc... ;) )
2. Conway had a week of several vet visits a few weeks ago. He is fine, but is continuing on his special diet and was also tentatively diagnosed with doggie IBS. Poor thing. The first vet appointment was with our regular vet, but the second one was with a specialist. I discovered when I got there that it was a teaching hospital and the first vet who did his initial questions and preliminary diagnosis was about my age. Even though I also have the title of "Dr", I still find it odd when my medical professionals are my age (and I even have several friends who are veterinarians!)
3. An important takeaway from the Mother's Day service at our church: Just because something is hard, doesn't mean it's bad. It just means it's hard. I like that way of thinking.
|Another lovely thing seen at church :)|
4. I told my boss recently that this job makes me accept that I'm actually in control of nothing. As a self-described control freak, that's something that terrifies me, but it also something I need. It's good to learn to be flexible :)
5. I went to my a fabulous happy hour with my run club last week! Super 4 mile run with one of my dear friends and I met a new friend there, followed by amazing drinks and food. Can't wait for the next one.
6. So excited for Thirty-One's 12 Weeks of Summer and all the amazing special offers :D Fun hostess exclusive bundles AND customer mystery offers. And two really awesome brand new products coming out for June and July... Stay tuned :)
7. And, finally, very excited about this dress I made! The top is from a pre-made tank top because I wanted to test this particular design/construction before spending the time to make my own top for the project. But expect another similar dress sometime later this summer ;)
And now, back to work. Have a lovely week and a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! J and I are looking forward to celebrating our first wedding anniversary on Monday. Hard to believe it's been a year already! (and, of course, happy anniversary to my parents tomorrow :) )