Friday, January 16, 2015

Sky scarf

This post has been a long time in the making. Over a year, in fact. On January 1, 2014  I cast on my sky scarf. And every day for all of 2014, I took note of the weather and knit two rows in a yarn that best corresponded to that weather. And now I'm finally ready to reveal the finished product!


A few progress pictures and close-ups of the finished product:

These are my weather conditions. From top to bottom: sunny, partly sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy. 

The scarf on January 31, 2014.

February 28, 2014.

March 31, 2014.


April 30, 2014.

And, sadly, that's the last progress picture I took. Because then May happened. and I defended my doctoral dissertation and got married. And somehow life got really busy ;)

But I do have a few more pictures of the finished product to share!


Another view to give a general sense of the length.

First half of the year.

Second half of the year.

I knit two little rows of bright, bright blue for May 25 - our wedding day :)

And that's it! It was a fun project and I'm so happy to have this to document one of the most eventful years of my life. But I'm also glad to be done with it for now. Whenever I had just a few minutes to knit in a day, they all went to this scarf and now I'm looking forward to using those little bits of time to work on some other projects. 

Have any of you ever taken on a big project like this? How did it turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment